My terrible shopping experience with ASTRO GOSHOP

/
3 Comments
Hi people, I have been inactive for so long due to my schedule (and infinity laziness). I can't believe my comeback blog post is actually something unpleasant. Unpleasant till a point that I got really mad and decided to write a blog post about it.

My family members, especially my mum is a loyal fan of GOSHOP (the first TV shopping platform by ASTRO). She bought all kinds of kitchen essentials from there and all that were good memories until this happened to us recently.

6/1/2017 

9:30 am - GOSHOP made a live broadcast for a product we like so my mum and I were quite excited for it. We decided to purchase online since they promoted that online buyers will be entitled with 5% discount (price after discount: RM179). 

Unfortunately, it still charged me the original price RM189 no matter how many times I try so I just call the hotline. 


10:07 -  I told the staff about the problem and he put me on hold for at least 10 minutes (at least). 


After the wait, he finally came back and said "Um sorry Miss, I try to log in with my account and it showed the discount price. I also don't know what's wrong with your account" LOL okay maybe it's just our bad luck. The staff said he will cancel the order (cause initially we paid RM189 by card) and suggest us to select cash on delivery cause by selecting that option guarantee got discount. 


10:24 - Our call finally ended and he finally cancelled my order so I can reorder the whole thing again. I tried with my fastest speed and finally settle the whole order thing. I will be honest, GOSHOP is probably the shittiest online shop I have ever used. 
About 3 weeks after our online purchase, GOSHOP called my mum and say our order is delayed because of the shipping company GDex. 

I personally feel that this is quite irresponsible. This is like saying "Hey it's not our fault that the building is collapsing, it's the materials' fault". Okay la, maybe not that exaggerating but hello? Delay for so long but no compensation at all. Just a late phone call and that's all.

Today (1/2/2017) 
We finally got our items at the original price. I decided to call the customer hotline to ask and the staff just said "You got the original price cause you ordered at 10:35"
DID I MENTION YOUR STAFF PUT ME ON HOLD AND COME BACK TELL ME THAT THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE ERROR ON MY MUM'S ONLINE ACCOUNT!?

DID I MENTION YOUR COMPANY TOOK ALMOST A MONTH TO SHIP THAT DAMN ORDER TO US!?

ALL I ASK IS A 5% AS MENTIONED AND DID YOU GUYS DO ANYTHING EFFICIENT AT ALL!?


Sadly, I was 5 minutes late as the broadcast ended at 10:30. I think it's really ridiculous that they still charge me the original price because:
  1. The staff used so much time putting me on hold 
  2. I already purchased it earlier and only reordering because of the unknown error that appeared on my mum's online account
  3. After wasting so much time, the staff can't even tell me what kind of problem my mum's online account is facing lol

I was SO ANGRY on the line but I still tried to explain the situation to the staff.  Wanna guess how the staff reply me? 
"I don't know what are you talking about...." I EXPLAINED THREE FUCKING TIMES AND HE HUNG UP ON ME. 
The last time I got so mad on the phone is because of SKYNET's horrible service. I can't believe it happened again, from a big company- ASTRO GOSHOP. 

I am honestly very disappointed. Yes, GOSHOP provides good deals and interesting products but the service is SHIT. Our family bought so many products from you guys, we have been so supportive but this is how you treat your customers.


 I will advise you to upgrade your online website and maybe put reminders like  "Dear customers, we don't guarantee that 5% discount so just call us to order. Don't waste your time browsing our shitty online store because if you face problems while using it, we most probably don't know why and won't be helpful :D"

Lastly, I am sorry for all the foul words and anger from this post. Maybe this is just my bad experience. I really hope there will be improvements in the future. If anyone encountered any bad experience with ASTRO GOSHOP before, do email/comment and share it with me. 



You may also like

3 comments :

  1. Running an shopping store site isn't easy now and you need to be abreast with latest trends and customer preferences to be on the top. Having such a bad experience online always affects the online industry rather than a company, so it is important to have regulations and standards that could prevent such mishaps and bad experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I just hope the customer service line in Malaysia would improve because no matter what industry you're in, you have to know customers are your most important source. You mistreat them, you lose them.

      Delete

Awkeirdjoey's blog. Powered by Blogger.