My Grilled Sandwich @ Kampar

/
0 Comments
My Grilled Sandwich @ Kampar

(They are currently closed but I believe they will grow bigger sooooon ;) )
Hi people! I'm kinda excited to publish this post because what makes this food stall that I'm going to introduce special is that it was run by the students from my school (My seniors yay!).
I've worked on this post for like a week since I wanted to know their background story and so I carried out an online interview with the co-founders of My Grilled Sandwich. Our conversation lasted for a few days. I also managed to try all of their sandwiches, so proud to say that haha yayyy
This is something new to me since this is like the first time I'm doing a project like this (yes it's a project to me and I loved it).
我还蛮期待更新这一篇的,因为接下来要介绍的是由大学生营业的食摊(我大学前辈啊)。我也是用了一段时间准备发这一篇,因为除了基本介绍之外,我很想知道背后的故事所以访问了创办人们,花了好几天才结束访谈,而且我也试了他们所有三文治的口味,非常满足喔。这算是新体验吧,因为没有试过这样子,而且我很喜欢这个新体验。

Their food stall is located at 金晶冰屋 @ Kampar. 
Address/地址:2312, Jalan Kolej, Taman Bandar Baru, Kampar, Perak
Opening hours: 6.00pm - 11.30pm
Click here to view their Facebook page for more info.
Click here to view their Instagram for more info.


So, this is how their stall looks like.
Most of the people would take the set cause it's only additional RM2 compared to the ala carte.
The steps are really simple, you just have to pick your flavor!
食摊长这个样子,通常大家都会选择要套餐,因为也只是2块钱分别啦,而且只是选自己想要的口味而已,一点都不复杂。

My friend, Tracy ordered Rosemary honey chicken while I ordered BLT so we could try both flavors. 
特蕾丝和我分别叫了Rosemary和BLT,这样子我们就可以一起尝试不同口味这样子。
I would say all the bacon lovers out there won't be able to resist BLT.
A friend of mine who likes bacon a lot, would always go with BLT without hesitation.
(BLT is co-founder Jia ling's favorite #randomfact)
Tracy said the Rosemary one tasted really fresh with its herbs. 
Oh, she also mentioned that the smell was great.
喜欢烟熏肉的朋友们无法抵挡BLT的魅力吧,我有个很喜欢烟熏肉的朋友,除了这个从不点别的。(这也是其中一个创办人Jia Ling最喜欢的口味)
特蕾丝则说Rosemary的那个香料让整个三文治吃起来很清新的感觉,而且很香。
It's true that they have the best mashed potatoes.
You MUST try this, no regrets!
大家一定要吃他们的马铃薯泥,名不虚传,一定要试!

Something extra 穿插一下

 Btw kind reminder, don't order this cause it's all artificial colors (it's less scary with my edits) and it freaked us out.
对了,大家在那个茶室里千万不要点西米露,因为都是色素,那个颜色真的真的很恐怖。
 You can choose this one instead, jelly thingy.
I forgot what its called in English, please refer to Chinese ver!
你可以点爱玉冰,推荐。

I also tried the Vietnam spring roll thingy last time when I was with another friend and it tasted great!
偶然有一天吃那个越南式米纸春卷也觉得不错。

Okay back to this! After a few days, I went back to the place with my coursemates.
I ordered the Black pepper and All American Breakfast.
Yes I finished them by myself. I can eat a lot *victory sign*
回来正题!几天后,我和同系的朋友们一起去吃的时候,我叫了另外两个口味,黑胡椒和All American Breakfast。
是的,我一个人吃完两份了,因为我很能吃 yay
Look how juicy this is, literally love.
And then this is when I realize black pepper is my true love omg
I was never really into black pepper flavor but I would say this is my fav out of all.
I even wonder why isn't this the best-selling sandwich! Lol
看到那个汁吗, 真爱啊。
平时觉得黑胡椒不怎么样可是这个是我全部口味里的最爱啊,而且我很好奇为什么这个口味不是最热卖,真的很好吃啊。
My coursemate  Ling ling ordered the same too.
Black pepper ftw!
同系朋友也叫了黑胡椒 #黑胡椒是人生大赢家

This is All American Breakfast. 
(Co-founder Nick's favorite #randomfact)
这个是All American Breakfast。
(这是其中一个创办人Nick最喜欢的口味)

It's slightly dry to me but still I would say this is for those who like crispy texture.
It's because I personally  prefer juicy ones like the Black pepper flavor haha #canyoustopalready
这个口味对我来说稍微干一些可是喜欢脆脆口感的人会喜欢这个吧,我会觉得比较干是因为我很喜欢像黑胡椒那种,肉汁满满的(你够了没有)。
每个人口味不一样这样子。


I am really honored to have an online interview (Q&A session or whatever you call it) with the founders.They were really nice cause I asked tons of question (I'm annoying Ikr lol) but yet they still managed to answer them patiently. 
I'll list out the Q&As below, most of the answers are their original words, I only edited them for grammar purpose. The conversation was originally in English and I translated them in Chinese as well :D
其实真的很荣幸可以采访My Grilled Sanwich的创办人们,他们都很有耐心回答我一大堆问题。我会在下面列出所有问题,回答大多都是原话,我稍微做了些语法更改,原对话是以英语进行,可是我也有翻译成中文版的 :D





Q: How many people are there running this stall together?
A: There are 3 co-founders to this business but currently left 2 because one left the business to further his career. All together there are 3 workers per day (2 co-founders and 1 paid staff).
问:一共有多少人正在经营这个档口呢?
答:我们有三位创办人可是现在只剩下两位,因为另一位选择追求自己的事业离开了。每天总共有两位创办人和一名员工经营档口。

Q: Can the both of you please introduce yourself, names, year of birth and the course that you two are doing? 

(I was told that I'm talking to both of them at the same time lol)
A: Jia Ling, born in 14/2/1993, graduated during August last year from Banking and Finance course. Nicholes Lee, born in 7/10/1993, graduating in March 2016 from accounting course.
问:请问你们两位可以稍微自我介绍吗?(我被告知同时正在与两人进行问答
答:Jia Ling, 14/2/1993 (啊情人节),2015年8毕业于金融系
Nicholes Lee, 7/10/1993 (天秤诶),将于这个月内毕业于会计系。

Q: Why are you two so free to reply right now?

(Because they replied during their opening hours and if you have visited their stall before, they are ALWAYS busy)
A: We are slightly free now because is non-peak hour.
问:诶你们两个为什么现在那么得空回复啊?
(因为他们在营业时间回复我,而且如果你去过他们档口的话,可以看得出他们非常繁忙的)
答:因为现在不是繁忙期,所以稍微得空一些。

Q: Who was the one who came up with this idea?

A: It was after internship where we three discovered what we really wanted to do. Three of us are good friends since foundation. We three connected the dot where we wanted to pursue entrepreneurship and venturing into f&b business.
问:请问是谁先提出一起创业这个想法的呢?
答:我们三个一起当实习生后才发现到自己真正想要做的事情。我们三位从大学foundation就是好朋友,所以我们很有默契地想要创业并从事饮食行业。

Q: How long did it took to make this happen? 

A: So the planning process began on January 2015 - July 2015 (around 7-8 months) where we gradually build our business model and trying out menu. 
问:你们花了多长时间开业呢?
答:我们各种筹备工作在于2015年1月至7月间(大概7、8个月时间)。

Q: When was the first day you guys open this food stall? How was the feedback for the first day? 

A:1st August 2015. We were told that we have good service, the best mashed potato, and long waiting hours.
问:你们的开业日期是?反响如何呢?
答:我们于2015年8月1日开业。我们收到的评语说我们服务态度良好、我们家马铃薯泥超棒、还有等待食物到来时间很漫长。

Q: I know each Sandwich have their supporters but which one is the best selling Sandwich among all?

A:We have two winners which is the "All American breakfast sandwich" and "Rosemary honey chicken".
问:我知道每一个三文治口味都有他们的支持者,可是最热卖的三文治是哪一个呢?
答:我们有两位赢家,"All American breakfast sandwich" 和 "Rosemary honey chicken"。

Q: Which one is your personal favorite and why would you recommend it? 

A: Jia ling- BLT because anything taste good with bacon.  
Nick- All American Breakfast cause it has hashbrown which is the crunchy element in it.
问:你个人推荐哪一个呢?
答:Jia Ling- BLT,因为烟熏肉跟什么配搭都很好吃。
Nick- All American Breakfast,因为里面有脆脆的hashbrown啊。

Q:How did you decide the name for the food stall? 

A:We wanted to project a direct and clear brand name of what we are selling which are grilled sandwiches.
问:你们是怎么决定档口名字的呢?
答:我们想要一个简单清楚的品牌名字以让大家明白我们卖的是烤三文治。

Q:Are there any plans after you guys graduate? Will you continue or haven't figure about it yet?

A:We are fresh graduates and the business goes on with a definite further plan to expand it.
(Yay I can't wait when they open an actual store for it!)
问:毕业后有什么打算呢?会继续营业还是暂时没有什么想法呢?
答:我们都刚毕业,我们计划会扩展这事业。
(啊啊啊 我真的非常期待他们有实体店的一天^^)

Q:Does this mean people will still get your Sandwich even after March? 

A:Yes.
问:所以人们3月份后依然能继续购买到你们的三文治吗?
答:是的。

Q:What's the most special order that you guys have taken before?

A:Our monster sandwich was truly inspired by our customer. He ordered a sandwich which includes a piece of chicken, 3 slices of bacon, 2 hashbrown, an egg, and ham.
问:你们接过最特别的订单是什么呢?
答:我们的monster sandwich启发于我们的顾客,他叫了一个三文治,里面有1片鸡肉、3片烟熏肉、2个hashbrown、1个煎蛋和1片火腿。

Q:Is there any customers that made you guys leave a deep impression towards him/her?

A:Yes we do have alot of customers that leave us a deep impression towards them. Most of it are our supportive customers.
问:曾经有顾客让你们印象深刻吗?
答:是的,我们有很多让我们留下深刻印象的顾客,通常都是一直以来一直支持我们的顾客。

Q:What time is your peak hour?

A: 6.30PM-9.30PM and 10.30PM-11.30PM
问:你们最繁忙的时间是几点呢?
答:6.30PM-9.30PM 和 10.30PM-11.30PM。

Q:Running f&b is especially tiring, what makes you relieve/happy even after a long day work?

A: As time passes by, we slowly adapt to the level of physical stress. At the end of every business day, instead of feeling tired, we are happy and blessed to achieve our business goals as well as many happy customers who gave us motivation and amazing feedback. Well, that truly lighten up our whole day and keep us looking forward everyday. 
问:饮食业是很累人的,是什么令你在一天繁忙工作后感到轻松庆幸呢?
答:慢慢地,我们开始体会到某一个程度的压力。每天结业后,比起疲劳,我们很高兴并庆幸可以达到我们开业的目标,而且顾客们总是给我们正面的反响和动力,这点缀了我们的心情并让我们迎接新的一天。

Q: Is there any difference after the people in university knew you guys run a f&b business in Kampar?
A:Surprisingly, we have inspired many of them to own their own fnb business as well as chasing their dreams. They do show their respect to us and supported us in many ways. We can do it, they can too.
问:你们开业后,周遭的人对你们的待遇和态度有不一样吗?
答:意外地,我们启发了很多人开创他们的饮食业和追求自己的梦想。他们以很多方式表达对我们的支持和敬意。如果我们能行,他们也可以做到的。

Q:Did your friends and family supported you? 

A:Initially our family rejected the idea. But, who is able to vision our dreams clearly other than ourselves。We took our passion and turn it into a business that has been a live changing process to us. We have their full support now.
问:你们的家人朋友有给予支持吗?
答:一开始的时候,我们的家人都反对我们这个想法,可是没有任何人会比我们更清楚我们想要追求的梦想。我们将我们的热情转化为,给我们生活带来改变的生意。

Q:What was the hardest part running this business?
A: It's tough that we didn't have any background in operating a FNB business. Coming from banking finance as well as accounting course, we were not given any knowledge related to the basics of running a business.
问:经营这事业最困难的部分在哪里呢?
答:困难的部分是因为我们不是来自饮食业背景,而且我们读的科系并没有和创业相关的知识。

I'm really grateful that they answered my questions patiently. I hope that this post somehow make you know more about their business and inspired you to pursue your dreams. Btw, I admire their friendship.
真的很感激他们如此有耐心回答我的问题,我希望你们看了这一篇之后会让你更了解他们背后的故事,又或者启发你去追求自己的梦想,他们的友情也是值得学习的事 啊。

You taste dreams in their sandwiches :)
那个,三文治里面有梦想的味道 :)







You may also like

No comments :

Awkeirdjoey's blog. Powered by Blogger.