Priorities & promises

/
0 Comments
Priorities & promises 


(P/S: I'm an extreme person and I might sound like a mean person in this post.)

Texted Mel last night and we had a deep conversation (like we always do during midnight).We talked about several things and some of them are what I'm going to write about in this post.

I always remember people's words and this makes me feel like shit because I live in an era where people like to make empty promises whenever they want to. They say it like they are going to accomplish it, give you all the high hopes and then make you a fool in the end.


"Promises are meant to break".
Why do you make a promise when you're going to break it?
I wonder if breaking a promise has become a habit to some of the people.
I don't know, I might sound arrogant but I keep my words most of the time. I said "most of the time", because sometimes I still break promises unintentionally but not all the time. I always try my best to fulfill the promises I made instead of just breaking them like a coward.


At the same time, I think priorities are related to promises as well. I think the possibility of  people keeping their promises are higher when the target is important to them.
During the last semester break, my friends and I agreed to have dinner together by the first week of this semester since we haven't meet each other for a pretty long time. And days before the dinner, we had to call it off because one of our friends need to save money lol. From my view, I believe people wouldn't mind spending a few dollars to have a meal with their friends IF their friends are important to them (plus we mentioned about the dinner for like weeks ago and a few weeks is enough to save money for a meal).
This might seem like a small issue but, "Big or small, a promise is a promise".


I won't blame you if you failed to keep your promise after you made an effort because I know at least you tried. To those who just simply break their promises, have fun with it #karmawillcomeforyou
Like I mentioned, I'm an extreme person, I could forgive but never forget #youknowwhoyouare



Sometimes it sucks when you cherish someone's existence but yet you're worthless to them. Why? Cause you're not their first priority (not even on their top 10 priorities sometimes). Do not expect people to treat you the same as the way you treat them. Life isn't fair like that. I try to maintain the relationship with the people who I care cause we never know what would happen next so I always tell myself not to have regrets.
However, relationships doesn't last if it's an one-way-communication.
I cared, you ignored and I don't give a damn anymore #connectionlost



So, have you figured out who's your first priority and who placed you as his/her first priority? When's the last time you made a promise?  How often do you make a promise? Do you keep or break your words more?
Do share your thoughts with me.


You may also like

No comments :

Awkeirdjoey's blog. Powered by Blogger.