Foodtruck Thursday @ Kampar

/
0 Comments
(updates on May 2017: I don't think there are any foodtrucks in Kampar anymore sadly :/)

Hello people, I'm finally updating a post in this April! Last Thursday, I finally got to experience foodtruck food at the rainbow bridge area @ Kampar with Sueann and Daphne.
这是4月第一个更新啊,说的是流动汽车食物(foodtrucks) 。上个星期四吧,我、苏安和黛弗妮(大家请原谅我的翻译吧)终于尝试到位于金宝那里彩虹桥的foodtrucks了。


It was really new to me cause I've never really tried any foodtruck food before. Thanks to Sueann for telling me about that!
这对我来说是很新的体验,因为我从来没有吃过流动汽车的食物,这里要谢谢苏安的介绍 :D

1. The Kamparians

Like their name, they are born and schooled in Kampar. 
They are open from Mondays to Fridays at the Rainbow bridge area but I was told that they are trying to open on Sundays as well. Let's hope for that!
像他们的名字一样,创办人们都是土生土长的金宝人。他们星期一到五,晚上8-12点都会在彩虹桥那里出现喔,然后他们最近也在策划星期日也营业,有更多详情我再告诉大家吧。
Click here to visit their Facebook page :D
(I couldn't find their Instagram and Twitter acc even though these social media logos were stated on their truck)


Their price is quite low honestly 价钱完全不贵好吗


(Left左) Watermelon Mogito RM2
I ordered this drink and I ab-so-lute-ly loved itttttt
I rarely have cold drinks but its name caught my eyes and it tasted really good.
There are watermelon bites and mint leave (should be) inside it. It feels great when you bite those little watermelon bits and the drink is not overly sweet or unnatural.
I would really really recommend this cause it's THAT good (great for this hotttt weather) and it's only RM2. 
Think abut it, it would cost you at least RM8 if you have drinks like this somewhere else.
我非常非常非常喜欢这个饮料。认识我的人都知道我很少喝冷饮,可是它的名字很有趣,好奇之下就买了。饮料里面有小小的西瓜块,咬下去的时候很新鲜,而且整个饮料不会太甜也不会太假。我真的很推荐这个饮料,因为非常消暑,而且也才2块钱啊,别的地方估计最少也会卖8块钱吧。

(Right右) Calamansi Soda RM2
Daphne and Sueann had this. I took a sip and it tasted like those...salted lime drink that is commonly found in Chinese places. 
Sueann said it was refreshing and I thought it tasted okay as I like the Watermelon Mogito more. It's a bit salty but if you like the salted lime drink then you will like this too. There are mint leaves in this drink too so yeah just be careful when you drink them in case you're afraid to taste the leaves (cause Sueann avoided them haha).
黛弗妮点了这个类似咸金桔子的饮料,苏安觉得这个饮料很清新,我觉得还可以啦,有点咸咸的,就觉得上面的饮料会比较特别。然后要提醒大家,这两个饮料都有薄荷叶子,所以不喜欢的朋友不要不小心咬到啦,我觉得还可以可是苏安都挑出来了哈哈。

It's strange how these plastic containers kept the food warm.
There are vapor on the surface cause we waited for other food and it was kept inside the air-con car while we're on our way home.
盒子上会有水蒸气是因为有遇到冷气而且我们也不是一拿到就立刻吃,可是神奇的是,打开的时候还蛮温的诶
I ordered "The boss pasta" (RM7). 
The pasta is topped with minced meat and some mushroom pieces. 
The flavor is not spicy but really mild and it tasted fine to me.
I bet it's better when it's really warm.
我点了这个The boss pasta (RM7) ,它是肉碎红酱和少许的蘑菇碎 (写到这里我好饿好饿卧槽)
有点辣味,可是真的非常非常非常轻微。味道还行,感觉温的时候会更好吃吧。


Sueann ordered this Aglio oglio with ham pieces (RM5).
According to her, the chili flakes are abit too much to her.
I tasted and it was slightly spicy (or maybe just mild to some people).
The taste is fine plus the price is quite exclusive.
苏安点了这个Aglio oglio,也就是炒意粉。她个人觉得那些辣椒粒太多了,这个会稍微辣一点点可是也就辣多那么一点而已。这个也是还行,价钱很实惠吧。


My top recommendation for The Kamparians 我个人的终极推荐: Watermelon Mogito!


2. TheHut

They are originally from Ipoh but they are in Kampar from7.30pm - 12am every Thursday.
According to their official pages, they are off on Mondays. Other than that,they will be in
他们源之怡保可是每个星期四晚上7点半到12点都会在金宝出现,除了星期一休息之外,其他日子他们都会在
  • Tuesday 星期二- Station 18 area @ Ipoh
  • Wednesday 星期三- Taman Cempaka
  • Thursday 星期四- Raibow bridge area @ Kampar
  • Friday 星期五- Greentown @ Ipoh
  • Saturday 星期六- To be announced
  • Sunday 星期日- Meru


Click here to view their Facebook page
Click here to view their Instagram page




Gua Bao (RM8) 
According to Sueann, she said that the bread is not soft enough to her. The chicken tasted great and the cheese sauce delights everything! 
RM8 is not expensive at all.
(I'm hungry while I'm blogging this lol)
苏安说她个人觉得面包不够软,鸡块很好吃,而且那个乳酪酱完全加分啊,8块钱一点都不贵真的。(我又饿了)


Seafood Galore spaghetti (RM8)
Daphne said they did a good job with a salmon, the salmon is like the highlight of the whole dish.
I would say the sauce goes well with the salmon but still it is slightly plain to me. 
I wish they seasoned the sauce a little bit more. 
The tortilla chips were so-so, wish they added some flavor with it too.
黛弗妮说三文鱼很好吃,而且三文鱼是整份东西的亮点吧。我觉得它的酱和三文鱼挺配的,可是还是希望酱料可以更有味道一些,旁边的脆片也是,咸一点就好了。

 This sandwich is called the Monster chicken sandwich (RM8).
You can tell how it got its name, look at the size of the chicken!
It's so good guys! Like I said, my appetite is quite big and this made me full lol
Very very satisfactory yay
名字和实体一样,真的是怪物三文治啊。
这个味道很好,鸡很大片,我胃口很大啊,可是吃了这个就有些饱意了,非常非常有满足感 






My top recommendations for TheHut 我个人的终极推: They make really good sandwiches so you could either try the Gua Bao or the Monster Chicken Sandwich. 
他们家的三文治都很好吃,所以大家可以尝试Gua Bao或者那个Monster Chicken Sandwich :D

3. Freddo street ice cream

They are open from 8pm - 12am in Kampar every Thursday. They are based in Ipoh and Penang. For more info, do visit their official pages.
他们每个星期四,晚上8点到12点都会在金宝彩虹桥那里出现,怡保和槟城都有分店,更多详情可以去他们的官网看看。
Click here to view their Facebook page!
Click here to view their Instagram page!





Chocolate flavor wasn't available that day but it doesn't make much difference to me since I will pick vanilla without hesitation haha
You get to pick 1 mixer and 2 toppings after that! 
RM 4.20 for the whole dessert :D
我们去的时候没有巧克力味道,可是对我来说没什么分别因为我一定会选香草的,选了冰淇淋口味后再选1个mixer和2个toppings,整个才RM4.20喔 :D




Abang look so stern weih 大哥看起来好严肃


And then abang smiled after I asked him to senyum sikit yay *victory sign*
然后我叫大哥笑一下,对方表情就软了耶耶耶





We picked vanilla + oreo + biscuit thingy (forgot its name) + marshmallow
It's so gooooooooooood like srsly, the ingredients are in a decent amount.
It cheers me up instantly. It's so much better than the others.
Sounds exaggerating but I feel like I became a fan immediately and I would really want to eat this every week (or even every day lol)
This is love, literally.
我们选了香草+oreo+那个长长的饼干+marshmallow (我不记得中文叫什么啊)
吃了这个后心情立刻变好啊,不是夸张,材料很足,比某某快餐店的某某冰淇淋好吃多了。我觉得我每个星期(还是每天?)都很想吃这个啊。
完全爱上了。

So yeah these are my reviews for some of the foodtrucks that I get to try in Kampar. It's really interesting and I hope to experience more foodtrucks. Also, I would like to write a moreeeee detailed review on some foodtrucks like I did to the MyGrilledSandwich post. Please let me know if you know any good food places, I would go to pay a visit and might even write a review on it. 
这些都是我的吃后感,foodtrucks还蛮有趣的。我希望日后可以写出一篇像之前MyGrilledSandwich那样那么详细的post。大家知道哪里有好吃的拜托告诉我好吗,结果理想的话,会写吃后感的。


Everyone have different taste, preference, and opinions so what I wrote in this post might not apply to you but still, I hope it helped you in someway :)


每个人都有每个人的喜好和意见,所以我这里写的可能跟你想的不一样,可是还是希望你看了这一篇后,对你有一点帮助 :)




You may also like

No comments :

Awkeirdjoey's blog. Powered by Blogger.